Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
From pg 234 of my ebook
"I think it's Jace he's trying to get back at. Jace must have done something last night on the boat, something that really pissed Valentine off."
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book
2. Boarding Schools. I love books that take place in boarding schools. My guess is because I always wanted to attend one, and was brutally denied.
3. Americans in a Foreign Country. I love traveling, so I love seeing how others handle the cultural change. Plus I always wanted to live abroad, so I like living vicariously through the books.
6. A Swoon-Worthy Bad Boy. I would never go for a bad boy in real life, so when an author can make me swoon over one, I love it all the more.
7. Getting Over Death. I've weirdly always been attracked to this topic, my parents were worried when I was a kid. How people handle and recover from death has always attracted me. I actually did a paper on Death in Children's literature in college. Fascinating topic.Retelling of classic literature. Like fairy tale retellings, I love contemporary takes on classic literature.
Contemporary Romance. This is kind of cheating, because it's a lot like number 1, but I will almost always pick up a contemporary YA romance.
A good revenge story. Nothing like it.