Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
10 Wishes I'd Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me
1. To be able to read faster. I am a bit of a slow reader, so it takes me longer than I should to read most books. I think it has something to do with the fact that I think every word is important so I don't want to miss anything.
2. A place to put my books. I have talked about this before, but have a lot of books, and I am totally out of room to put these books. I really don't have a full inventory of my books, I can't even imagine what would happen if I tried to undertake that task. I'm lucky my YA books are inventoried though.
3. That Barnes & Noble would let me read the books I've bought online (browser). Oh what's that you say? The book Genie doesn't need to grant this wish, B&N just needs to get off their butts and fix it already? Wow, that would be swell.
4. More time to read. I have a toddler and a full time job. I just don't have as much time to read as I would like. Really does any book lover have enough time to read as much as they want?
5. More $$ to attend conferences. I am lucky that I generally go to one or two conferences a year. It's one of the few perks of my job that they send me. I wish I had the money to attend the rest. I find the conferences so useful professionally, and developing relationships with the publishers and seeing all the upcoming books is such a bonus.
6. More great YA contemporary (romances). As I've mentioned here before, my favorite books tend to be contemporary. Contemporary romances tend to be my favorite among those. However, it's a disservice to just say my favorites are romances, they are usually so much more. I have read A LOT of bad efforts, but the great ones have been sadly far between. I want more great ones!
7. Visit the Library of Parliament in Canada. Have you seen pictures of this place? It's gorgeous. I have pictures of famous libraries as my screen saver at work, and this one makes me drool every time I see it.
So those are my more serious wishes. The rest are just for fun.
8. I adore my DH, he's great, but it would be even better if he had some of the attributes of one of my book crushes. Sad but true, no real man/boy/guy can ever be as great as a character from a book.
9. That Tiny Cooper would jump out of the pages and be one of my BFFs. He would absolutely exhaust me with his drama, but I would have fun along the way.
10. To live in Colby, NC. This is a Sarah Dessen reference. Many of her books take place there or there are scenes there. It's actually based on a real place on the Carolina Coast, but surely that place can't be as great as Colby.