Image Map

"Waiting On" Wednesday (#28) Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens

9/11/2013

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm picking:
Faking Normal by
Expected publication: February 25th 2014 by HarperCollins Children's Books


From Goodreads:  
An edgy, realistic, and utterly captivating novel from an exciting new voice in teen fiction.

Alexi Littrell hasn't told anyone what happened to her over the summer. Ashamed and embarrassed, she hides in her closet and compulsively scratches the back of her neck, trying to make the outside hurt more than the inside does.

When Bodee Lennox, the quiet and awkward boy next door, comes to live with the Littrells, Alexi discovers an unlikely friend in "the Kool-Aid Kid," who has secrets of his own. As they lean on each other for support, Alexi gives him the strength to deal with his past, and Bodee helps her find the courage to finally face the truth.

A searing, poignant book, Faking Normal is the extraordinary debut novel from an exciting new author-Courtney C. Stevens.


Why I'm Waiting:
Already I want to find out what happened to Alexi.  Plus, I enjoy discovering new authors.  I am definitely waiting on this book.

5 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of this one! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good. I will have to add it to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing!!

    Here is my WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/09/waiting-on-wednesday-perfect-ruin.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really curious about what happened to her over the summer. I think I'll add this one to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds so good, I can't wait for it either!
    My WoW @ the NerdHerd Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting and I like the cover :)

    My WoW:

    http://booksandbooksreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/waiting-on-wednesday-4.html

    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete