Image Map

2014 Challenges

1/02/2014

I am trying to set realistic goals for this year, I have no idea what I can expect with my reading time, so I am trying not to over extend myself.  That being said, I do enjoy participating in challenges.  Here are the challenges I plan to participate in this year.

2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge



I desperately need this challenge.  Every year I commit to reading books that have been sitting on my shelf forever, and almost every year I spectacularly fail.  This year I am going to commit to the Firm Handshake Level and read at least 8 books that are currently sitting on my shelf.  That seems so pathetic, but I really don't want to over-commit.  I may make it extra challenging and pick a book that was published in each of the last 5 years.  More if I can find them!

1.  Forget You by
2.  The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by
3.  Just Like Fate by
4.  Angel Fever (Angel #3) by
5.  The Book Thief by
6.  Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks #1)
7.  Stealing Parker (Hundred Oaks) by
8.

2014 Debut Author Challenge

http://www.thestorysiren.com/2013/12/2014-debut-author-challenge-sign-ups.html


I was so disappointing in my rate last year.  From September on, my reading paced absolutely tanked.  Because of that, I was not able to get to all the debut authors I had planned.  I really plan to read the minimum 12 this year.

1. The Murder Complex (The Murder Complex #1) by
2. Open Road Summer by
3. My Last Kiss by
4. When I Was the Greatest by
5. Dear Killer by
6. Something Real by
7. Landry Park (Landry Park #1) by
8. Trust Me, I'm Lying (Trust Me #1) by
9.
10.
11.
12.

 

2014 Goodreads Reading Challenge


2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Lisa has read 0 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide


This will be the biggest challenge to myself.  Last year I set the goal of 100 books, and I made it.  This year, I am trying to be more realistic, and I set my goal at 50.  It may be too many.


2014 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge 



Yet another challenge that I really need to accept.  I have so many review book that I requested from both Netgalley and Edelweiss that I MUST read.  I mean I asked for them, and I was approved, I really need to read them and write reviews. For this challenge I am going with the Bronze level of 10 books.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

2014 Audio Book Challenge

http://teresasreadingcorner.com/2014-audio-book-challenge/

I "read" my first audio book last year, I actually really liked it.  I found that audiobooks are great to listen to while taking road trips, cleaning, or really doing anything else.  The lowest level on this one is 6 books.  I am going for the lowest, and I really hope I make it.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

2014 Standalone Reading Challenge


2014 Standalone Reading Challenge
I am really excited for this one.  I get so sick of series and trilogies, and sometimes it feels like I get completely bogged down in them.  The worst is when you read a book and don't realize at first that it's part of a series.  So for this one I have to commit to reading 15 books.  I hope I don't have any problems with it!

1. How to Meet Boys by
2. Now and Forever by
3. Open Road Summer by
4. My Last Kiss by
5. When I Was the Greatest by
6. The Edge of Falling by
7. This Side of Salvation by
8. What I Thought Was True by
9. The Geography of You and Me by
10. Something Real by
11. The Sound of Letting Go by
12. The Lonesome Young by
13.
14.
15.

2014 Series Challenge


I mentioned during the standalone challenge that I get sick of series, and it's true.  I'm also completely guilty of starting series and never finishing them.  For this challenge I am going to try to finish at least 3 series.  Alliegant I have my eye on you!  Update:  turns out this is the category I slayed.  I finished a TON of series in 2014.

1.  Everneath Series by
2.  Shatter Me Series by
3.  Mythos Academy Series by

BONUS!!  I completed this challenge really early, so I'm going to add other series as I finish them

4. Angel Series by
The Selection Series by
Anna and the French Kiss Series by
The Pledge Series by
Between series by
White Rabbit Chronicles Series by
Mara Dyer Series by
His Fair Assassin Series by




2014 TBR Pile Challenge!

http://roofbeamreader.com/2013/11/27/announcing-the-2014-tbr-pile-challenge/

This is pretty much the same as the other TBR challenge I am participating in, however, this one has the bonus challenge of only counting books published before 2013.  Yikes!  The minimum level on this is 12 books.  Wish me luck!

1.  Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott
2.  The Book Thief by (read 8/24)
3.  Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks #1) by (read 12/13)
4.  Black Heart (Curse Workers #3) by
5.  The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by (read 7/19)
6.  The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things by
7.  The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine #3) by
8.  When It Happens by
9.  The Nature of Jade by
10. The Mockingbirds (The Mockingbirds #1) by
11. Forget You by (read 7/25)
12. Sisters Red (Fairytale Retellings #1) by

Alternates:
1. Between Shades of Gray by
2. An Abundance of Katherines by

2014 YA Contemporary Challenge!



I love contemporaries, so I almost feel this won't be much of a challenge.  I could be wrong.  So for safety sake, I'm going with Level 2, which is 10+ contemporaries.

1.  Pretty Sly (Pretty Crooked #2) by
2.  Biggest Flirts (Superlatives #1) by
3.  How to Meet Boys by
4.  Open Road Summer by
5.  When I Was the Greatest by
6.  Dear Killer by
7.  The Edge of Falling by
8.  This Side of Salvation by
9.  What I Thought Was True by
10. Now and Forever by


11. To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1) by
12. The Lonesome Young by
The Geography of You and Me by



No comments:

Post a Comment