Image Map

A Friday Five (#23) Evertrue (Everneath #3) by Brodi Ashton

8/15/2014


Fridays I'll feature one of my favorite books or a book I read in the last few weeks and come up 5 words to describe it.  View it as a super mini review.  This week I'm featuring:


This was one of my most anticipated books of 2014.  I adore this series, and I couldn't wait to see how it would end.  I am completely late in posting this.  Here are the five words I would use to describe it:

  1. Satisfying
  2. Brisk
  3. Absorbing
  4. Suspenseful
  5. Solid

Satisfying:  I was completely satisfied by how this book ended.  If you were on one team v the other, you may not have been happy with the ending.  But I thought it was really well done.  Of course if you don't like your series to end with a pretty perfect bow and like them more open ended, then skip this one.

Brisk:  I flew through this book.  I thought the pacing was great and it never really dragged for me.  If anything it may have gone a bit too fast.

Absorbing:  I didn't want to put it down.  I just wanted to keep reading and shut out everything else going on in my life and keep reading it until it was done.

Suspenseful:  See the word above.  I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see how it turned out.  I guessed a bit at the ending, but I was still on edge waiting to see if I was right.

Solid:  I thought it was solidly written, the characters stayed true to themselves, and the whole series was just really solid.

Bottom Line: If you haven't checked this series out yet, I really suggest you do.  Much to my surprise, it ended up being one of the better trilogies that I have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment