Image Map

2015 Challenges

1/04/2015


So last year was a complete failure on my challenges.  I worried I wasn't going to be able to read as much as I did previously, but I really struggled to finish books, which caused me to not finish a bunch of the challenges that I set for myself.  The other issue was that I was a pretty terrible blogger.  I did a lot of the challenges, I just never got around to writing reviews for the books I did read.  I am going to try to be better this year.  Here are the challenges I plan to take on:

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Lisa has read 0 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide



http://www.thatartsyreadergirl.com/dac-2015-sign-ups/
This is probably my favorite of the challenges.  Some years I make the goal of getting to 12, other years not so much.  I am going to try and hit 12 this year.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.


http://roofbeamreader.com/category/2015-challenges/
I only read about 1/2 last year, I'm going to try to do better this year.  Here are my goals:

My 2015 TBR Pile Challenge List:

1. Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott
2. Black Heart (Curse Workers #3) by
3. The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things by
4. When It Happens by
5. The Nature of Jade by
6. The Mockingbirds (The Mockingbirds #1) by
7. Sisters Red (Fairytale Retellings #1) by
8. The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by
9. Such a Rush by
10. Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna #1) by
11. Gates of Paradise (Blue Bloods #7) by
12. Jellicoe Road by

Alternates:
1.  Where Things Come Back by
2.  Bright Young Things (Bright Young Things #1) by


2015TBR

I am going with the 1-10 A Firm Handshake on this one, with the goal of at least 6.  If I can do the challenge above this should not be an issue.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

http://thebookbelles.blogspot.com/2014/12/2015-contemporary-challenge.html
I love contemporaries, my challenge on this one will be to actually review the contemporaries I read.  Because reviews are involved, I am going with the easiest level, Poppy: 1-5

1. 
2. 
3.
4.
5.


Falling For YA
I need this challenge so much.  I have tons of books I have downloaded and I still need to review.  I really want to make my goal on this one. I'm going for the Bronze level at 10 books.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.


The Daily Prophecy
This is a new one for me.  I love fairytale books, and I've got my eye on a few to read.  Even so, I am keeping this one on the low end and putting my goal at Prince Charming: 1 – 4 books.

1. 
2. 
3.
4.

Dive Into Diversity Reading Challenge

There are no levels on this one, but I think I think I can get at least 5 diverse books read and reviewed this year.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.




3 comments:

  1. I'm also participating in the TBR pile challenge from Bookish. I did it last year and it was a great success :D Welcome at the fairytale challenge, I hope you get to read some great books. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm participating in the TBR challenge. Jellicoe Road took me a little while to get into it, but it turned out to be a fantastic book...so give it the time to develop. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the 2015 YA Contemporary Challenge :) I participated in the TBR Challenge last year. I've heard amazing things about both Jellicoe Road and The Dream Thieves. Good luck with all of your challenges!

    ReplyDelete