Image Map

"Waiting On" Wednesday (#106) After the Woods by Kim Savage

9/02/2015

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm picking:

After the Woods by
Expected publication: February 23rd 2016 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17998474-after-the-woods


From Goodreads: 

An emotionally-charged debut novel about the deadly lies hidden beneath a destructive friendship.
One year ago, two best friends, Liv and Julia, were attacked in the woods by a paroled predator. In an attempt to save Liv, Julia was left behind while Liv escaped. After spending three days in the woods trying to escape her abductor, Julia was rescued. She only remembers what happened in the woods in terrifying flashbacks. Now, on the eve of the anniversary of the attack, a body is found in the woods. This discovery rips open fresh wounds between the two girls as the truth about Liv's role in the kidnapping is revealed.


Why I'm Waiting:

Another debut author who's book I'm excited to read.  Before I moved into reading mostly YA, I was a big reader of mysteries.  I don't read enough YA mysteries, but this one looks really good. 



7 comments:

  1. Oooh that sounds intriguing! Love a good mystery!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds intense, I'd not heard of this one before. It's such a shame that a subject like this is so relevant it should be an interesting read though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good mystery! And that cover is fabulous! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this is new to me, totally am loving the cover. And the book sounds very interesting! Great pick, thanks for sharing (:

    Here's my WoW at Bookmunchies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A "paroled predator"? What does that MEAN?! I will look for your review on this one!

    (Btw I LOVE the blog name - one of the more unique I've seen in a while!)

    My WoW is at http://spinningjennysbookblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the cover for this book is stunning!! I don't read many mystery stories, but I want to give them a fair try and this one sounds intriguing!
    P.s - LOVE the elephants on your header. They're my favourite animal :-D

    Sarah @ Novels & Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen this one yet but that is really a pretty cover. I like YA from time to time but haven't read a lot of it this year. I might have to put this on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete