• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Teaser 1: The soft wind blew again. She closed her eyes, feeling its warmth against her cheek.
Teaser 2: White-hot adrenaline tore through her body as the ground below rushed toward her.
Honestly, I've been stuck on this book for a while. I know it will pick up, but I'm bored.
Tease what you're reading in the comments
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
February 26: Top Ten Authors That I'd Put On My Auto-Buy List (basically an auto-buy list is no questions asked..you love this author so much that no matter what they wrote next you'd buy regardless of genre or subject matter)
This is actually really hard for me. There are only about 5 authors that fall into this category that have multiple books out. I usually buy my books on sale, or I borrow them from the library. I will round out this out with authors that I want to keep my eye on. These are authors who only have one series, but I own all the books in that series and will probably try their next ventures.
- Sarah Dessen--As this blog goes on, my love and adoration of Sarah Dessen will be obvious. I just adore all her books and have them all looking so beautiful on my shelves.
- Maggie Stiefvater--I went to one of her signings, and she said she would sign as many books of hers that we brought, we just needed to buy one from the store. This was very hard for me, because I already own everything she's written.
- Gayle Forman--Even though I still need to read Just One Day, I own it, and every other book she's written.
- Jennifer Echols--Sad confession, I own all her books, but have not read them all. I keep hoping to change that, and I will soon.
- Stephanie Perkins--She's only written two so far, but they are both sitting on my shelf with love. I even re-bought Anna when it was on sale for $2.99 for my nook. Once Isla hits the pre-order list, I will probably buy it.
- Jennifer E. Smith--After Reading The Statistical Probability of Love at First sight, I went back a bought a few more. This is an author I'm really getting behind.
- Brodi Ashton--I loved the first two books in the Everneath series, and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next. She's earned a place here by writing two fantastic books.
- Veronica Roth--See above. I look forward to the next series to see if it's as worthy.
- Jandy Nelson--Paging Jandy Nelson: If you would PLEASE write another book, I will buy it no questions asked. I LOVED The Sky is Everywhere, and there has been nothing since.
- Rachel Hawkins--I'm including her on this list, because I have eventually owned all her books. She has enough books coming out in the next year or so that she may break my bank.