Image Map

A Friday Five (#13) Confederates Don't Wear Couture (Pilgrims #2) by Stephanie Kate Strohm

6/14/2013


Each Friday I'll feature one of my favorite books or a book I read in the last week and come up 5 words to describe it.  View it as a super mini review.  This week I'm featuring:



I thought the first book in this series was cute and fun.  I was looking forward to the second in the series.  Here are my five words:
  1. Silly
  2. Chaste
  3. Affected
  4. Boring
  5. Disappointing

Silly:  I think that is the best word to sum up this book.  The whole thing was just silly.  It was very unbelievable, the characters were cliched, and the "mystery" was stupid.

Chaste:  This is actually the most positive thing I can say about the book.  It was very chaste, which makes it completely appropriate for a younger audience.

Affected:  This goes back to silly.  The whole thing just was very artificial and not genuine.

Boring: I had a hard time staying interested in the book because it was so boring.  For such a short book, it should have gone by a lot faster.

Disappointing:  Maybe some people will love it, I just just bored and uninterested.  I didn't have extremely high expectations, put I did expect it to be at least as good as the first book.


1 comment:

  1. Well, I reckon I don't have to even bother adding this one to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete