Image Map

"Waiting On" Wednesday (#42) Vivian Apple at the End of the World by Katie Coyle

3/05/2014

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm picking:

Vivian Apple at the End of the World by


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20256737-vivian-apple-at-the-end-of-the-world?from_search=true

From Goodreads: 

Sixteen-year-old Vivian Apple never believed in the evangelical Church of America, unlike her recently devout parents. But when Vivian returns home the night after the supposed "Rapture," all that’s left of her parents are two holes in the roof. Suddenly, she doesn't know who or what to believe. With her best friend Harp and a mysterious ally, Peter, Vivian embarks on a desperate cross-country roadtrip through a paranoid and panic-stricken America to find answers. Because at the end of the world, Vivan Apple isn't looking for a savior. She's looking for the truth.

Why I'm Waiting:

This looks really interesting.  I don't like "religious" books, but this looks like a great story, that has a bit of skepticism, but may treat religion respectfully.  Plus, ROAD TRIP.  That will always get my attention.




Hi all,  I had to turn off the comments for this post because it became a spam magnet.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting! I may have to put it on my TBR list.
    Check out my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this one before, sounds intriguing!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good and the cover is really cool :) Nice pick!

    My WoW .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete