Image Map

"Waiting On" Wednesday (#90) Romancing the Dark in the City of Light by Ann Jacobus

5/13/2015

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm picking:

Romancing the Dark in the City of Light by
Expected publication: October 6th 2015 by Thomas Dunne Books

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23848163-romancing-the-dark-in-the-city-of-light


From Goodreads: 

A troubled teen, living in Paris, is torn between two boys, one of whom encourages her to embrace life, while the other—dark, dangerous, and attractive—urges her to embrace her fatal flaws.

Haunting and beautifully written, with a sharp and distinctive voice that could belong only to this character, Romancing the Dark in the City of Light is an unforgettable young adult novel.

Summer Barnes just moved to Paris to repeat her senior year of high school. After being kicked out of four boarding schools, she has to get on the right track or she risks losing her hefty inheritance. Summer is convinced that meeting the right guy will solve everything. She meets two. Moony, a classmate, is recovering against all odds from a serious car accident, and he encourages Summer to embrace life despite how hard it can be to make it through even one day. But when Summer meets Kurt, a hot, mysterious older man who she just can't shake, he leads her through the creepy underbelly of the city-and way out of her depth.

When Summer's behavior manage to alienate everyone, even Moony, she's forced to decide if a life so difficult is worth living. With an ending that'll surprise even the most seasoned reader, Romancing the Dark in the City of Light is an unputdownable and utterly compelling novel.



Why I'm Waiting:

I kind of need this book in my life now.  It sounds SO good.  Plus, PARIS.  I love books set in Paris.


4 comments:

  1. That's a new to me one! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but I hope you thoroughly enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the concept and of course Paris is always a winner. I hope you enjoy it!!

    Here is my WoW: http://www.jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2015/05/waiting-on-wednesday-sirens-fury-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds SO good! I'm definitely looking forward to reading it! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm. It sounds... ordinary, except for the fact that Kurt seems like to be made older. And that could change the whole thing. But I don't like hook lines like, "with and ending that'll surprise even the most seasoned reader". Feels like it can only led you down...
    But don't let grumpy me take the fun out of your expectations. Hope you enjoy! =) And if it really had the promised surprising ending, I'll love to read it. ;)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete