Image Map

Teaser and Top Ten Tuesday (#16) 07/09/13

7/09/2013


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Best/Worst Movie Adaptations

 This is actually hard because I don't watch that many movies.  I'm terrible, and the movies I do watch are usually not based on YA books.  So in the spirit of that, I'm going to move away from the YA roots of this blog and just pick movies where I have read both the book and seen the movie.  There are not many.

Best:


1. Clueless v. Emma by Jane Austen

One of my favorite movies, and it's based on an awesome book.  A totally updated and modernized telling of Emma.

2. The Natural v. The Natural by

The movie was actually better than the book. That doesn't happen often.

3. Shawshank Redemption v. Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption by

Another one of my all-time favorite movies.  The short story was also so memorable. I read it years before the movie came out, and it stuck with me for a long time.

4. Stand by Me v. The Body by

One of the rare times where I read the book soon after seeing the series.  I won't do that again.  I liked the book, but loved the movie.  It may have something to do with that cast!

5. Bridget Jones's Diary v. Bridget Jones's Diary by

I don't know which I liked more.  They were both really well done.  Except Renee Zelwiger's fake British accent.  That was pretty bad.

6. Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone v. Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone by

I thought the movie was well done, and fun. The book was much better though.

7. The Hunger Games v. The Hunger Games by

I enjoyed the movie, but it was nothing compared to the book.

8. The Outsiders v. The Ousiders by

One of my all time favorite books.  The movie was awesome and that cast was epic.  It just didn't capture the emotion of the book.  Still very well done.


The Worst:

9. Twilight v. Twilight by

It's not that the movie was bad, it just wasn't great.  I think my main issue is that I didn't really like Rob P. and K. Stew in the roles.  I actually kind of hated the idea of K. Stew as soon as they announced that she had the lead. 

10. Bridge to Terabithia v. Bridge to Terabithia by

This book wrecked me.  The movie was super sad, and I still cried, but nothing compared to the book.  I also hated the CGI.



6 comments:

  1. Nice tease! Good picks too! Didn't know that Clueless was based on Emma! Also chose the first Harry Potter book/movie!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Teaser. Haven't heard of this book but it looks like something I'd like.

    Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely forgot Clueless when I was making my list! I also have HP, the Hunger Games & Bridget Jones's Diary on it too :)
    Ciara @ Books are my Bling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clueless is one of my all-time favs. I really liked the adaptation of BJD, too. Agreed on Twilight as one of the worst. It made my list, too. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually though Renée Zellweger's accent was pretty good. If you want a really good example of a really bad British accent (coming out of a French character... huh?), check out Drew Barrymore in Ever After. It's cringe worthy, almost from the first line.

    I still haven't seen The Hunger Games. It's appearing on lots of "best" lists today. Makes me want to see it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoot! I totally forgot Clueless was based on Emma! And I completely forgot to put any Stephen King on my list! And I loved Bridget Jones' Diary! Good choices!!
    If You have a sec please check out my top ten http://www.bookcrackercaroline.blogspot.com/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete