Image Map

Teaser and Top Ten Tuesday (#17) 07/16/13

7/16/2013


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 



OCD Love Story by

From pg. 1

So when the power goes out, I don’t do much of anything except try to avoid the horny high school guys trying to feel up girls in the dark.  I go to dances at Smith-Latin Boys’ Academy two, maybe three times a year, but nothing like this has ever happened before.


What a great 2nd paragraph!  I can't wait to read more.  Read it for free this week at PulseIt.

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
 
Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition

This is actually kind of a hard topic for me.  Many of my favorite authors are already hugely popular, so even though I think they deserve all the recognition they get, everyone pretty much knows about them.  Even if they haven't read any of their books, any fan of YA knows who Meg Cabot, John Green, and Sarah Dessen are.  Even Ally Carter seems to have a HUGE following.  These authors have plenty of recognition.  So I had to think of some of my favorite books.  I had to take out anyone who I've only read one book by, even if I loved it.  I also excluded anyone who I've read their entire series, and I may have loved it, but I don't know if I'll like their work outside of the series.

So I present to you, my list of authors who's books I like/love and I look forward to reading and deserve more recognition.

1. Rachel Hawkins
She is probably right on the edge of being as recognized as she should be, but she is just not quite at the Ally Carter level.  If you haven't read any of her books, I really suggest you fix that right away.  Also, follow on twitter.  She is a riot.

2. Elizabeth Scott
She just writes great contemporary books.  Enough that I've bought almost all of them.  I haven't read them, but I'm willing to buy what she writes.  I need to have an Elizabeth Scott marathon at some point.




 
3. E. Lockhart
O.K. I cheated on this one a bit.  I haven't read anything outside the Ruby Oliver series.  But I have her other books, and I've heard amazing things about them.  I fully intent to read her new book due out next year?!


 4.  Jennifer Echols
I have a lot of contemporary on my list because I love contemporary.  I think more of it needs to be written.  There is also a lot of bad contemporary out there.  Jennifer Echols is never bad.  I have everything she has ever written. She is one of my favorites.
 5. Jennifer E. Smith
I mentioned it when I wrote my review for This is What Happy Looks Like.  She is the most Sarah Dessenish author I have come across.  I just love everything she has written.  Her books are so well written and have so many levels, I can't wait to read anything she puts out.  
 6. Kieran Scott/Kate Brian
I like most everything she writes under both names, and I've read pretty much everything she has put out.  In general she just writes fun, cute contemporary reads.  Some have more depth than others, but they are all good.  I can't wait to read what she puts out next.
 7. Kimberly Derting
I loved the Body Finder series, and she is keeping up the awesome with her Pledge series.  I'm sad there are no more body finder books in the works, but I look forward to all her future projects.
 8. Leila Sales
I really enjoyed her first two books, and I have the ARC of her newest book that comes out in Sept.  More people need to read her very cute contemporaries.
9.  Morgan Matson
Another contemporary author who I think more people need to read.  Her books just stay with you forever. 

10. Cyn Balog
Always different, always unique Cyn Balog's books are different from anything else I have read.  Plus they have stayed with me for a long time.  I've only read a few of her books, I need to read more.





7 comments:

  1. I actually have read books by most of these authors, except for 6 and 10! (I was starting to think there was something wrong with me :)

    Liza’s TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! Looove Kimberly Derting and Rachel Hawkins as well!! Both great picks! The rest are either new to me or are ones I have heard of but never read. Not a contemp reader myself.

    Great tease too!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also had Rachel Hawkins on my list, I wish more people read her books :(.
    I agree 100% with Kimberly Derting.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWw I've not come across any of these! Have to sort that out :).
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good list, I love Rachel Hawkins as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I love Jennifer E. Smith and Rachel Hawkins. I think they are both on the cusp of being mainstream names and I can't wait until it happens for them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! Matson is one of my very favourites, and I really enjoyed TSPOLAFS by Smith.

    I did two this week - check them out at YA/MG contemporary authors and comics creators if you'd like to take a look.

    ReplyDelete