Image Map

"Waiting On" Wednesday (#97) Some of the Parts by Hannah Barnaby

7/01/2015

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm picking:

Some of the Parts by
Expected publication: February 16th 2016 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24680262-some-of-the-parts


From Goodreads: 

Sometimes bad things happen, and we are not the same when they are over.

For months, Tallie McGovern has been coping with the death of her older brother the only way she knows how: by smiling bravely and pretending that she's okay. She’s managed to fool her friends, her parents, and her teachers so far, yet she can’t even say his name out loud: “N—” is as far as she can go. But when Tallie comes across a letter in the mail, it only takes two words to crack the careful façade she’s built around herself:

ORGAN DONOR.

Two words that had apparently been checked off on her brother’s driver’s license; two words that her parents knew about—and never confided to her. All at once, everything Tallie thought she understood about her brother’s death feels like a lie. And although a part of her knows he’s gone forever, another part of her wonders if finding the letter might be a sign. That if she can just track down the people on the other end of those two words, it might somehow bring him back.

Hannah Barnaby’s deeply moving novel asks questions there are no easy answers to as it follows a family struggling to pick up the pieces, and a girl determined to find the brother she wasn’t ready to let go of.



Why I'm Waiting:

This could be very good, or it may bore me to tears.  I look forward to seeing some of the early reviews on this book.  I do like a story that deals with a character trying to overcome a tragedy, and if this book is done well it should be a really good story.



4 comments:

  1. This sounds intense! And it's totally new to me, too! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's new to me! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouuu, sounds intriguing! I've actually been getting really into Grey's Anatomy lately so the whole death/organ donor thing is kind of right up my alley at the moment.

    Check out my WoW if you have a second!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! This one definitely seems interesting and I like the cover.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete