Image Map

A Friday Five (#11) Dead Silence (The Body Finder #4) by Kimberly Derting

5/17/2013


Each Friday I'll feature one of my favorite books or a book I read in the last week and come up 5 words to describe it.  View it as a super mini review.  This week I'm featuring Dead Silence (The Body Finder #4) by


This is another book I had intended to write a full review for, but never got around to it.  So the Friday Five treatment is the next best thing.  Here are my five words:

  1. Sad
  2. Satisfied
  3. Worthwhile
  4. Thoughtful
  5. Vibrant  

Sad:  I used this word to describe how I felt before reading the book, while reading the book, and after I finished reading the book.  Why sad?  I'm so very, very sad there will not be another one.  At least not another that is planned.

Satisfied:  So while I'm sad, I was very satisfied with the book.  It has all my favorite elements of this series in abundance, and I walked away happy and satisfied.  Just sad too.  I loved the mystery, I loved the characters, I loved the relationships. 
  
Worthwhile: This actually applies to the whole series.  If you haven't read the series, first of all, what are you waiting for? and secondly, you better get on it.  If found the whole series to be so worthwhile.  I have read so many books that have not been worth my time, this series has never fallen into that catagory.

Thoughtful:  This was so well thought out.  Once again the story was tight, although the ending was pretty open, I still found the whole thing to flow so well and there was nothing that was skipped over.  It was just really thoughtfully done. 

Vibrant:  I'm actually using this word to describe the characters and the world they inhabit.  Each of the characters were so well written. I loved learning more about them and their motives.  Particularly Violet's BFF. And of course I never mind any scene with Jay in it. In addition, everything was so well explained that I could picture the people and places in my head.

Bottom line, is I thought this was a great addition to the series, and I highly recommend it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment