Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
From pg 29 of my ARC*
My sister looked like a boxer post-knockout. Or a hit-and-run raccoon.
*This is and ARC copy. Page number and quotes may not be the same in the finished copy.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light & Fun
This is actually pretty hard for me. I wish I had time to re-read some books, but there is no time. I'm going to twist this up and put books I have read that are light and fun. These are in NO order.
Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss #1) by Stephanie Perkins
1. Most people probably wouldn't think light and fun with this book, but compared to some books I read, it is. It's just a great love story that makes me smile and laugh. Yes there are some serious parts, but when I think of this book, I don't really think of the serious parts. Just the funny and awesome parts.
The A-List (A-List #1) by Zoey Dean
2. I may have mentioned this before, but this series is my guilty pleasure. There was SO MUCH DRAMA. But at the same time, it was so light and fluffy and fun. Think of your favorite soap opera.
Drive Me Crazy by Erin Downing
3. This is actually just a representative of an entire series of books. The Simon Romantic Comedy series. They don't publish this series anymore, but they could always be counted on to be very quick and funny reads. I regularly laughed out loud while reading books from this series. You can still find them re-packaged, but sadly there won't be any new ones.
Geek Magnet by Kieran Scott
4. Once again, this is more representative of most of Kieran Scott/Kate Brian's books. Many of them are just light fun books.
Pretty on the Outside (Young, Loaded & Fabulous #1) by Kate Kingsley
5. Another guilty pleasure series. They only brought the first three to the U.S. but this series was fun. Think gossip girl for the U.K. At some point I will order the rest of the series from TBD.
The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries #1) by Meg Cabot
6. Although they got more serious as they progressed, these are still some fun cute books.
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (Sisterhood #1) by Ann Brashares
7. Like so many series that are listed on here, yes these books tackle some major issues, but in reality they are just fun books.
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls #1)by Ally Carter
8. This is always a series I can count on to be just a fun light read. Once again, some serious issues are faced, but the series is just so good.
Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
9. Yes I know this is a children's book. But you know what I pick up when I want to crack myself up? A Shel Silverstein book. This is my favorite, but really any of his books of poetry will do.
Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales
10. I've read two of her books, and both have been what I would consider to be light, fun, and cute. I look forward to reading more from her.