Image Map

"Waiting On" Wednesday (#105) Save Me, Kurt Cobain by Jenny Manzer

8/26/2015

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm picking:

Save Me, Kurt Cobain by
Expected publication: March 8th 2016 by Delacorte Press

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22055480-save-me-kurt-cobain


From Goodreads: 

What if you discovered that Kurt Cobain was not only alive, but might be your real father? This nuanced and bittersweet YA debut will keep you guessing until the end.
 

Nico Cavan has been adrift since her mother vanished when she was four—maternal abandonment isn’t exactly something you can just get over. Staying invisible at school is how she copes—that and listening to alt music and summoning spirits on the Ouija board with her best friend and coconspirator in sarcasm, Obe. But when a chance discovery opens a window onto her mom’s wild past, it sparks an idea in her brain that takes hold and won’t let go.

On a ferry departing Seattle, Nico encounters a slight blond guy with piercing blue eyes wearing a hooded jacket. Something in her heart tells her that this feeling she has might actually be the truth, so she follows him to a remote cabin in the Pacific Northwest. When she is stranded there by a winter storm, fear and darkness collide, and the only one who can save Nico might just be herself.


Why I'm Waiting:

I am excited about the idea of this book. It looks like it's going to deal with some psychological issues, and I am a big fan of that type of book.  Add in that it's a debut author, and I am eager to read it.


4 comments:

  1. Ooh interesting! That's a new to me one! Like the eye-catching cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this before. I'm definitely interested in it! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy 90's grunge music and sad to say, I remember Kurt Cobain dying (I know I am dating myself here). Really looking forward to this one as it sounds like an interesting plot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do think this sounds really good. I just recently came across it on Goodreads, so it's on my To-Read list as well.

    -Lauren

    My WOW: http://letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-mad-about-hatter.html

    ReplyDelete