Image Map

Feature & Follow Friday (#34)

4/11/2014


The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read.


This week's Question:

Tell us about a book that you didn’t like and why we shouldn’t read it…nicely.


It is very easy to write a review for a book that I hate.  Sadly that is why so many of my Reviews and Friday Five posts are for books that I kind of hated.  There are some books I didn't like, and that's on me. They cover a topic I don't like, or I can't relate to the characters, or I just didn't love the writing.  But with all works of art, books are a work of art.  They are subjective, and just because I didn't like it, doesn't mean you won't.  That being said, I am picking a book that was insanely popular, and I kind of hated it.


This book is very popular, and people love it for a reason, I'm sure.  I just don't know what that reason is.  I found it to be confusing, non-nonsensical, and there is one part that nobody talks about, that DRIVES ME INSANE.  Years later it still drives me nuts.  ***SPOILER*** He, the main character,  kiss and likes the same girl his Grandfather had a relationship with.  ***END SPOILER***.  How does anyone not talk about this?  Is nobody else bothered by this?  I just couldn't get past it.  If it doesn't bother you at all, more power to you.


7 comments:

  1. Oh that does sound a little off putting.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)


    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on the fence about reading this book, so now I think I'll definitely keep away from it!


    Great post! I'm a new follower! Xx.

    My FF Post.

    My blog link.

    - Cary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, I will have to keep that in mind. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on it =D.
    New bloglovin follower
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I haven't read this book yet. I've always meant to. I wonder what I'll think.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't like this one either. I didn't even finish it, so I didn't know about that spoiler until I Googled the plot, trying to figure out what it was everyone liked so much about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this one yet, but so many people like it so much. I'm still wondering if I should read it or not!


    New bloglovin and GFC follower! :)

    Our FFF

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! Kissing the same girl as your grandpa did is weird. Especially since she's SO much older than him. It doesn't get much better in the next book. :-/

    ReplyDelete