Image Map

A Friday Five (#6) Tilt by Ellen Hopkins

3/29/2013


Each Friday I'll feature one of my favorite books or a book I read in the last week and come up 5 words to describe it.  View it as a super mini review.  This week I'm featuring Tilt by
I don't know if it makes a difference that I didn't read the first book that featured these characters  which is told from the perspective of the adults.



  1. Dysfunctional
  2. Complex
  3. Painful
  4. Serious
  5. Abrupt

Dysfunctional:  This refers to all of the families in the story. I always joke that my family is dysfunctional. We're the Cleavers compared to the mess that makes up the families in this book.   

Complex: The book is told from three separate POVs.  The all intersect and entwine.  They also have a page at the end of each chapter that is told from a whole different character's POV.  There are a lot of moving parts.  

Painful: Like most of Ellen Hopkin's books each of the three main characters is going through a very painful time in their lives.

Serious: The characters are all dealing with some very serious issues.  There is nothing fun or funny in this book.   

Abrupt: Refers to the ending.  There was a definite ending scene, but ultimately no resolution to any of the characters or their problems.



4 comments:

  1. What a great idea :)
    It's a shorter and simple way to share what you enjoy or not about the book.
    Tilt sounds like a really good book.
    I'll add it to my TBR list

    Ruty@Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Friday Five theme! This makes your review easy to read and right to the point! Thanks for this great idea and short/sweet review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these short and sweet reviews. I own several books by Ellen Hopkins that I have yet to read. I've never read a book in verse before but I enjoy when varying POV's are used.

    I've heard that her books, although intense and heart wrenching, are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED THIS BOOK! I have all Ellen Hopkins books out so far. This book was very touching. I would recommend it to anyone! It is hard not to connect to the characters and the story!

    ReplyDelete