Image Map

Teaser and Top Ten Tuesday (#3)

3/12/2013

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



 From page 120:
Teaser 1: "I just keep hoping it'll be something like, 'Adrian, let's go hot tubbing' or 'Adrian, take me out for fondue."
Teaser 2: "He traced the line of my cheek for a few breathless moments and then dropped his hand." 

Leave a link in the comments to your teaser, or tease what you're reading in the comments.

 
 Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is Top 10 books that are on my TBR List for the Spring.  I am following Daisy's lead and going with the 10 books I'm most looking forward to that will be published this Spring in the U.S. (March 20th-June 20th).

The Moon and More by
There are going to be a lot of contemporaries on this list because they are my favorite.  I had to start off with Sarah Dessen's new books, because, I love her.  I have this ARC sitting on my shelf and I will get to it before publication.

Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2) by
I enjoyed the first one, and I'm looking forward to this one.  I must hunt down the ARC.


This Is What Happy Looks Like by
I loved The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, so I am eagerly awaiting this one.  I have the ARC, so I'm going to try to get to it this month.

All I Need by
I've read some of her other books and enjoyed them, and this just looks beyond romantic.  I have the ARC, and I will be reading it soon.


Our Song by
Just the description makes me swoon.  I really hope this book lives up to my expectations of it being awesome.


A Corner of White (The Colors of Madeleine #1) by
The Year of Secret Assignments remains one of my favorite books, I hope this one lives up to it.  I have the ARC, now I just have to find the time.


The Elite (The Selection #2) by
Sadly I'm hearing mixed reviews on this.  Apparently it's suffering the sophmore slump.  I still want to read it, so I can find out what happens next.  I enjoyed the first one, but didn't love it. I'm still intrigued though.  I have the ARC, so I will get to this soon.

Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin #2) by
Yet another ARC I need to get to.  I loved the first book, I can't wait to read this one. 



If I Should Die (Revenants #3) by
I like this series, I'm not in love with it, but I am curious to find out how it ends.  This is the end right?  Yet another ARC I have to read.


School Spirits (School Spirits #1) by
Last but certainly not least, is this lovely by Rachel Hawkins.  I just got approved on Netgalley for it, so as soon as I finish the miserable ARC I'm forcing myself through, this is next.  I love her books, and I can't wait to get to this one.




 

23 comments:

  1. For all the books on your tbr list, I still need to read the first in the series. Great teaser btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your choices! There's so many amazing contemporaries coming out this year. I'm also especially excited for Our Song and Dare To You :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!!! I was looking forward to the next Selection book! I hadn't heard it was getting mixed reviews =/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing list. I've currently got School Spirits up for review shortly because it's due in Netgalley :(

    My Top Ten.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tease!! Lots of VA teases today, although this is the first Blooodlines, but in the VA world! ;)

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely need to read The Selection series! The first book has been sat patiently on my shelf for ages now!
    Here's my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing a lot of Richelle Mead in everyone's teases today. I still haven't started with Bloodlines though I devoured through VA.

    Do drop by my teaser.

    Happy tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to read Grave Mercy, but I hear it's really good, so I guess I should add the sequel to my list! Have fun reading all your books! Thanks for stopping by Books, Bones & Buffy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WE have a few in common (more like half!) I can't believe that I forgot The Moon and More, I love Dessen's books. Awesome list :)

    Liza’s TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got School Spirits?!?!?! Lucky! Hope uoi like it :D. Dark Triumph is also in my list, I can't wait for it!!
    old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/03/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a couple of books that overlap, but I completely forgot about The Elite! I absolutely can't wait for that one either! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great list! I totally should have added Dare You To to my list!

    My TTT

    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing list! I'm excited for Dare You To, All I Need, and Our Song as well! Great choices. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so excited for School Spirits! I adored the Hex Hall series :D

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've read some great reviews for The Elite so maybe you will be in the "love it" camp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list, you have reminded me of some I want to read. That cover for This is what happy looks like is fab :-) And I need to start the Pushing the limits series.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Following you now :-)

    http://betweenthelinesisanendlessstory.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab list! I'm especially eager to read your top 3. Happy spring reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great list! I get to go see Katie McGarry Saturday for a book signing! And I want to read School Spirits and The Elite too.

    My TTT

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm looking forward to Jennifer E. Smith's new book! Even though I haven't read them yet I'm excited for new book in The Selection series.
    Thanks for stopping by my list!
    Alex @ The Book Banner

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by my list! I haven't read (or heard of) the first books from His Fair Assassin or The Selection series, but may have to check them out as they sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Literally all of these books I am dying to read too! Amazing list. I really loved The Elite.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Annie @ Tar Heel Bibliobabe :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that you mentioned all these great contemporaries like Moon & More and Dare You To. I'm excited for School Spirits too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Some great choices here! I can't wait to read A Corner of White and Dark Triumph either. I hope you're able to get to some of them soon!

    ReplyDelete