Image Map

A Friday Five (#7) Entwined by Heather Dixon

4/05/2013


Each Friday I'll feature one of my favorite books or a book I read in the last week and come up 5 words to describe it.  View it as a super mini review.  This week I'm featuring Entwined by


I've had this on my Nook forever.  I'm in a Goodreads group where each month someone picks a book from your TBR list for you to read at some point that month.  This was the book that was assigned for me in March.  Here are my five words:



  1. Adorable
  2. Clean
  3. Old-Fashioned
  4. Lively
  5. Sweet

Adorable: There were so many adorable parts to this story.  I think primarily because so much focuses on the twelve princesses and their dancing.

Clean: There was absolutely nothing offensive in this book.  I think it would be appropriate for middle grade too.

Old-Fashioned: It is a fairy tale retelling that stays pretty true to the original, so it can be expected that it was old-fashioned.  Plus it takes place in an time in history.

Lively:  This is pretty much in reference to all of the dancing.  Plus the interactions between the sisters, and their interactions with others have a tenancy to be pretty lively.

Sweet:  Ultimately this is just a sweet story.  Between all the sisters, the ending, their interactions with others.   This is probably the best word to describe the story.

3 comments:

  1. This seems like an interesting book to read. Thank you for your honest review. I love to read books that are clean reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover of this book grabbed me awhile ago! (It's so beautiful and atmospheric!), but I haven't read any reviews on it and I didn't realize it was retelling. I definitely could use more adorable and sweet books,s o this is making the TBR list. Thanks!

    Brynna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super! This sounds like the kind of book I truly enjoy. Tere are not enough "Clean" books and authors. It is always great to discover one.

    ReplyDelete