Image Map

Teaser and Top Ten Tuesday (#7) 04/09/13

4/09/2013



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Sometimes I think I punish myself by continuing series I don't actually like. This week's teaser is from one such series.


From pg. 169:
"Though i was barely conscious when I was last here, somehow my feet know the way beyond the boarded-up food carts, and I hang a right into the alley.  Rats look up at us defiantly as we slow to a stop past the rows of giant garbage containers."



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's question is: Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger (That I haven't listed before).




Well I haven't been blogging for very long, so most of the books I read, I read before I was a blogger.  For this list, I'm actually going to switch it up.  I'm going with the top 10 books I read before I was a blogger that I haven't mentioned before in one of these top 10 lists. Because, really, I would just be retreading the same books over and over, and y'all know how I feel about my Sarah Dessen books.  So here are my 10.


Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1) by


Everneath (Everneath #1) by
 I know there are some that don't like this series, but I love it.  Both books have exceeded my expectations.  As a matter of fact, this was my 7th favorite book of 2012.  Out of 134.


The Sky Is Everywhere by



The Boyfriend List: 15 Guys, 11 Shrink Appointments, 4 Ceramic Frogs and Me, Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver #1) by
I don't know why this series never got the love I think it deserves.  Ruby Oliver is an unforgettable character, who I miss.  Yes, she is absolutely nuts, but she is totally endearing.  I loved this entire series. 


The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by
I absolutely love this book.  It was so much more than a love story.  And yes it's love at first sight, but it's so believable. 



Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) by
I really enjoyed the first in this series, but this one blew me away.  I don't know if it was only because of chapter 62, but that had a lot to do with it.  I can't wait to find out what happens next.



Playing Hurt by
I can't believe I haven't mentioned this book before.  I end up reading most of my books from the library. If I love the book, I'll go and purchase a copy.  The moment I finished this one, I bought it, read it over and over.  I still go back and read my notes and bookmarks.


The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) by
 I'm cheating on this one too.  I mentioned the second book a few weeks ago.  I know there are people who have mixed emotions about this series, but I loved this book. 



The Outsiders by
I'm including this on the list, but I will admit I haven't read it in a REALLY long time.  I need to go back and see if it's as good as it is in my memory.  I read this so many times growing up, my copy actually fell apart.  It was being held together by a rubber band. 



Going Too Far by
This was another book that I read from the library first. I didn't buy it right away, but after a couple of months when I couldn't get it out of my head, I bought it. I immediately read it again.






14 comments:

  1. First time visitor here. :-) You have some great titles on your list! I have several on my TBR shelf.

    The Outsiders was one of those books I read and didn't appreciate until I read it again later in life. It was at that reading that I truly appreciated it!

    If you have time, pop over to my Top Ten . Happy Reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser. I'm not familiar with this book.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser, but it sounds like a place I don't want to be!
    My teaser is from CONFESSIONS OF AN INSTINCTIVELY MUTINOUS BABY BOOMER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been blogging since 2006, so I found this topic REALLY hard. But, I managed to come up with 10 and the first HP is also on my list! I read all the books as they came out and LOVED them. Now, it's really (past) time for a re-read.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh sooooo many of these books I need toread!!
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read Everneath and Everbound! I loved them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was pretty easy for my co-blogger and I, we just started blogging in Jan of this year! Nice list, I don't know how I could forget Harry Potter on my list!

    New Follower :)

    Our TTT

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list!! I totally forgot about Going to Far, I love that book! I also really love Shatter Me, but I have yet to read Unravel Me yet.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. great ttt
    new follower via gfc (follow back please)
    check out mine :http://nabooksvsboys.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh nice tease! Haven't heard of that one!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. First and foremost--your blog title rocks. So cute.

    I'm reading Statistical Probability right now and I'm getting distracted by the voice, but plowing through. I've heard great things about it. I've got the Shatter Me series on my TBR list. Feels like I'll never get there!

    Happy TTT!

    Dannie @ Left to Write

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Sky Is Everywhere is one of my favourite books as well, the writing is so beautiful. I remember starting Going Too Far but I couldn't really get into it. I'm excited to start the Mara Dyer series, it sounds so mysterious and intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was smart to list 10 books that you hadn't listed before in a Top Ten! I do sometimes feel like my lists are the same over and over. And Harry Potter is normally in my list! I also loved The Statistical Probability, and I have lots of the other books on my TBR list. Great list!

    ReplyDelete