Image Map

A Friday Five (#8) What the Spell? (Life's a Witch #1) by Brittany Geragotelis

4/12/2013


Each Friday I'll feature one of my favorite books or a book I read in the last week and come up 5 words to describe it.  View it as a super mini review.  This week I'm featuring What the Spell? (Life's a Witch #1) by


I remember seeing some good reviews about this one, and it looked cute.  I've had it from the library forever, so I finally got around to reading it.  Here are my five words:



  1. Angry
  2. Obnoxious
  3. Weak
  4. Dull
  5. Stupid

So as you can see I kind of hated this book.  

Angry: I used this word because this is how I felt when I finished this book. I was angry that I wasted my time.

Obnoxious:  This word goes to the main character.  I seriously disliked her, and found her to be utterly obnoxious in every way.

Weak:  I thought the whole book was weak.  From the story, to the main character.  I thought the whole thing was weak.

Dull:  There was nothing to get excited about this book.  I really just wanted it to be over.  I was so bored.

Stupid:  The whole thing was just stupid.  I think what caused me to hate this book so much was the main character.  She was the WORST.  She was just so, so stupid. With every decision she has to make, inevitably she makes the stupid choice.  I could not stand her.  Even when she realizes her utter stupidity there are only like 20 pages left to try to redeem herself.  Too little, too late.

Alright, I need to say something positive after that.  I will say the content is appropriate for a younger audience, and maybe they won't find the main character as utterly hideous as I did.  


2 comments:

  1. I love your Friday Five reviews because they get right to the point! It's too bad you didn't like this book! From the title and blurb, it seems like it would be a fun, light read so I'm glad I read your review before reading this book myself! I may have to give it a pass and move on to others in my TBR pile. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your honest review :) I looked up the book and the premise sounded fun and I like the cover. But, after reading your opinion, not so sure.

    I will say this, that many times our opinions of entertainment media are dependent on our mood and level of emotional maturity. I've found that many movies I've liked in the past, I find ridiculous today and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete