Image Map

Teaser and Top Ten Tuesday (#8) 04/16/13

4/16/2013


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 


From page 154*:
Without saying a single word, Jay drew her down onto the grass, and Violet followed, letting her knees fold beneath her as she stayed right by his side...where she belonged.

But it was Jay who had captured Violet's attention, when he leaned across her shoulder, his breath finding her ear and sending shivers along the length of her spine.

*This is and ARC copy.  Page number and quotes may not be the same in the finished copy.

 
 Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Tuesday REWIND! Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished Yet:

I have this nasty little habit of sticking with series that I don't like just to finish them (Marked, Witch & Wizard), and don't finish series that I really liked.  I know at some point this HAS to change.  So here they are in no particular order:

A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark #1) by
I enjoyed the first one, I just haven't continue the series for some reason.  I even have the second one.



The Gathering (Darkness Rising #1) by
I have mixed feelings on this one, but I own all three, I just only read the first one.




Croak (Croak #1) by
I really liked the first one, I thought it was a original and fun.  I have the second, but I still haven't read it.



Dearly, Departed (Gone With the Respiration #1) by
This is another one that I had mixed feelings about the first one. At some point I need to read this one.




Bumped (Bumped #1) by
I thought the first one was unique, and I looked forward to the second. I own it, but haven't read it.



Hereafter (Hereafter #1) by
I only read the first one, and liked it, and own the other two.  I need to find the time.




The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine #1) by
I've read the first two, just need to finish the last one. 




Wither (The Chemical Garden #1) by
I loved the first book, and I have no real excuse why I didn't read this one. 




Shade (Shade #1) by
I actually loved the first book, and I have no excuse why I haven't read the others.  I own the second, and I have tried to prioritize this one.



White Cat (Curse Workers #1) by
I  have finished the first two, the last one is last just sitting on my shelf.  I really want to get to this one too.





10 comments:

  1. Ooh nice tease! I really enjoyed that one! Sad that it's the last for now.

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never read any of those series. But I think a few of them are on my to be read list.
    Hope you will finish them and hopefully they are great.

    Mariska
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO with you. I'm in the middle of tons of series. I can't even begin to list them all -- it would be too depressing! I love series, but often get stuck in them, then have to start them over so I can remember what's going on. Hate that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to finish SO MANY series. Shade is one I need to finish badly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time visitor and I LOVE the name of your blog haha!
    Really great topic! I actually haven't started a lot of these yet but I'm happy to say that I actually finished the Chemical Garden Trilogy! I always feel better having finished a series, as much as I'm sad to see it end. I know a lot of people had mixed feelings on book three, but I actually really liked it!
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT today! Always nice to see new friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really behind in a lot of series. I definitely recommend finishing the Chemical Garden Trilogy, I adored those books! I need to finish the Darkness Rising series too, I've read the first one, and enjoyed it, now I just need to catch up with the books, haha. Great list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I also have started most of those series and never finished them.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. SHADE! OMG. I read all of them earlier this year and they became an instant favorite for me. I haven't started most of the other series, but they are all on my TBR list. I did read Beautiful Dark and Fractured Light. They were ok for me. I will read the third to see how it ends. And I also read the first two of Darkness Rising. I still need to read the last.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! I haven't finished three of these series as well and a few of them I really want to start. Thanks for stopping by!

    Vyki @ On The Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any of those, but they all look very interesting. I have the hardest time finishing series that I start. It was even one of my New Year's resolutions to finish every series I start this year, plus work on finishing others. I even have a list.

    And I like the Teaser Tuesday! That sounds like a fun meme. I might have to join in that one myself!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete