Image Map

Feature & Follow Friday (#8)

4/12/2013


The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read.


This week's Question: 

We are about to see a lot of posts & tweets about reader conventions, RT, BEA, ALA and many more are starting soon. Which one would you love to attend? Where and why?



Oh this one is easy for me.  I'm a librarian and I will be attending ALA, as soon as my boss gets around to approving my travel.  He has been dragging his feet.  I will go, even if I have to pay for it myself.  This year it's in Chicago, so I'm excited about that.  The last 2 ALA conferences have been on the west coast, so a shorter flight it much appreciated.  I have been to the last two mid-winters and the last annual, and it's a blast.  Because I'm there for work, I don't have much time to walk the floor collecting books, but at Mid-winter this year and again in Chicago, I'll have my husband get ARCs while I'm actually working.

I also attended BEA a few years ago, and it was NUTS.  I kind of want to go again, but the dates are really bad this year, and I don't know that I'm going to make it.  I was so envious of everyone that was there last year.  I'm sure I'll get those same feelings again this year.


16 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Hear good things on ALA! Would love to do BEA but NYC kinda scares me!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answer! : ) Have fun!

    New follower via GFC & bloglovin

    my FF and international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great that you get to go to ALA and you may even have it paid for by work too :-) Thanks for stopping by my FF! Old Follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky! Hope you have fun this year :D.
    old follower
    my F&F
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/friday-56-28-feature-friday-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to attend any of them. Since I live in Sweden it´s kind of hard though =)
    New Follower!
    http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.se/2013/04/follow-friday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEA does look nuts but in a totally awesome way!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEA would be great! Great answer
    new GFC follower
    Danielle@ Coffee and Characters
    www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh ALA sounds amazing, congrats! I hope you have a blast :) I'll be attending BEA this year for my first time, I'm pretty excited but also terrified LOL!!

    Great answer, thanks for sharing!
    Old follower via GFC & Bloglovin', New follower via Networked Blogs ♥
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh good for you :)

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/feature-and-follow-43.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin???
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard great things about ALA.

    New GFC Follower
    Thanks for following http://pinkyjustlisten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. ALA would be awesome, but BEA is my dream convention. :) Thanks for stopping by my FF, I'm following via GFC now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that is a nice little perk! Might have to change my profession! ;) Old follower, thanks for stoppin gby!

    ReplyDelete
  15. At least you're lucky to be able to join not only one! :)

    Thanks for droppin by my FF. New GFC follower.

    Michelle Shouts Random

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish my husband would come with me to ALA and stand in line while I am attending my sessions. :-D I am coming to Chicago for ALA this year. I cannot wait. :) I would love to get to BEA one of these years too.

    New follower and Happy Reading!

    My FFF

    ReplyDelete