Image Map

A Friday Five (#9) The Art of Wishing (The Art of Wishing #1) by Lindsay Ribar

4/19/2013


Each Friday I'll feature one of my favorite books or a book I read in the last week and come up 5 words to describe it.  View it as a super mini review.  This week I'm featuring


I picked this up because it looked kind of cute.  I hadn't actually read any reviews on it, so I went into it completely blind, other than the description.  Here are my five words:


  1. Charming
  2. Entertaining
  3. Delightful
  4. Sweet
  5. Abrupt
Charming:  I was always told that cute is a boring word, but this book was so cute and charming.  From the characters to the storyline.  Just charming.

Entertaining:  This book really kept me entertained and I didn't want to stop reading it.  It just just a fun book to read.

Delightful:  I just loved everything about this.  Even when the book goes into some serious parts, it is just delightful and delightfully written.

Sweet:  There is just an overall sweetness to the book.  Once again, the characters are so likable and sweet.

Abrupt:  I'm glad there will be another book.  When I read it, I didn't realize there were more books, and the ending was pretty abrupt.  It wasn't a killer cliffhanger, it just kind of ended.

Bottom Line:  I'm really looking forward to the next in the series.


4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of describing books in five words, 'cute' feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your 5 word reviews! You give just enough info to help me decide whether or not to read this book! This one sounds like a nice, light read and perfect for the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is absolutely too cute! And I like your other words, too. The Abrupt word gives me a little pause, but knowing that there are others makes it not quite as worrisome. This seems like a great book to read when you need a break from the darker and creepier, paranormal or sci-fi books that are your norm. MY norm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the 5 word review idea! It gives a great idea of what kind of feel the book has without reading a long review. This book sounds cute too!

    ReplyDelete