Image Map

A Friday Five (#17) Indelible (The Twixt #1) by Dawn Metcalf

8/30/2013


Each Friday I'll feature one of my favorite books or a book I read in the last week and come up 5 words to describe it.  View it as a super mini review.  This week I'm featuring:


I finished this last Sunday during a reading marathon to finish off my reading during Bout of Books 8.0.  Here are the five words to describe it:

  1. Bizarre
  2. Confusing
  3. Unique
  4. Likable
  5. Intriguing

Bizarre:  As in very odd. Because this is a supernatural/paranormal book, the reader is expected to make some pretty crazy leaps of faith.  The characters, besides the humans, were just bizarre as is the world the inhabit.

Confusing:  I had a hard time following this book.  There were so many different elements, between the otherworldly characters that I couldn't wrap my head around to the world building descriptions, to some of the plot-lines.  I stayed pretty confused until the second half of the book.

Unique:  This book was totally outside my comfort zone.  I found it to be very unique and I haven't come across any other books like it.  Maybe others who read more supernatural/paranormal books won't find it very different, but I have never read anything like it before.  This is not your typical vampire/zombie/werewolf/fairy/angel book. 

Likeable:  In general the characters were very likable.  I didn't LOVE any of them, and those characters that you were supposed to dislike, I did indeed dislike them. 

Intriguing: After a bit of a slow start for me, I did find the book to be ultimately intriguing.  I didn't know where the story was going to go, and I remained interested in finding out what happened.  This was the first in the series, so while I will probably pick up the second book to see what happens, I won't be rushing out to get it either. 


3 comments:

  1. Does sound like an intriguing book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree that this book is confusing but likable. I was left with some unanswered questions by the end of the book, and some of the characters were hard to relate to. However, I enjoyed reading it and found it an interesting story.

    I reviewed Indelible on my blog, Book Savvy! Make sure you check it out: http://booksavvyblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/new-release-book-review-indelible.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am crazy about the cover! And I am looking forward to this story. I love that it is Bizarre and Unique and Intriguing! Those three words alone make me even more curious.

    ReplyDelete