Image Map

Bout of Books 8.0 Wednesday Results & Progress #Boutofbooks

8/22/2013

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.


Time Spend Reading: 3 hours.  I started timing myself, but I'm not in the habit, so I'm sure I missed some time spent reading.

Pages I Read: 139 and 18 minutes of an audio book.
Indelible (The Twixt #1) by
The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2) by
18 Minutes from audio of Through to You by

Number of Books I Read: 0 yesterday, 1 total

Blogs I Visited: 5

Coffee Bean Bookshelf
Music Plus Books
Of Nowhere Land
The Book Tower
Reading in Winter

Twitter Visited: none.  I ended up not being home for the chat.  I fail.

Bout of Books Participation (not reading): 2
TBR List Challenge @ Musings of a Bookship Girl
Book Spine Poetry @ Such a Novel Idea

Other Comments: 
I actually expected to get more reading done yesterday, and I failed, which makes me kind of mad at myself.  I hope today is better.  I started listening to an audio book to maximize my time.  For example.  Once I get off the metro (where I am reading), I have about a 10 minute walk to work.  Instead of listening to music, I will listen to my audio-book.  Also, this weekend when I have to clean, I will listen to my book then.  I'm not sure I will be able to finish it, but I can try! I am going to try to do a better job of tracking my time spent reading.  I have been doing a pretty bad job of it.  I have been meeting my reading goals, but I haven't been meeting my time goals. I also really need to participate in twitter!

Thursday Challenges:

 

I Spy…Challenge

This should be fun.  You have to use books you own, electronically or physically and do a scavenger hunt to find these items on the covers.  I was surprised to find that there are some where very difficult, even though I own a TON of books (614), eBooks (631), ARCs (557).

            Snowflake      City Skyline           Flames                The Moon        A Sword     
            Wedding Dress      High Heels      Fog                Christmas Tree        Sunglasses
               Lightening      Tattoo            Combat Boots             Hand-cuffs       Road

The wedding dress is really hard to see, but it looks like a wedding dress on the right side, there is a bouquet, so I am thinking the dress is a wedding dress.  The combat boots are a guess.  They could be worker boots, but I can't tell, and it was the closest I could get to combat boots.  So annoying, there are covers where the feet are cut off that you KNOW they are wearing combat boots. Some of these were HARD!

Book Road Trip Challenge

I am actually going to put my favorite places in the world for this one. I have been to all these places, and I love them all.


Summer Prince--Brazil (I've been there 3 times so far)
Anna--France (I love it)
Name of the Star--London (I would live there if I could)
Dash & Lily--New York (Maybe my favorite city in the U.S.)
Lola--San Francisco (Tied with NYC.  I can never decide which one I like more)

Honorable Mention:
I had a hard time finding any YA books that take place in Hawaii, which I love.  I read one when I was a kid, Follow That Boy, but it is along out of print, with no cover image.  I also didn't think I would have any luck finding a YA book that took place in Curacao or South Africa.




3 comments:

  1. Oh, I want to read The Evolution of Mara Dyer so bad, I bought it the day it came out and it's still sitting on my bookshelf. WHY?! LOL! I also have Through to You on my list as a potential audiobook...

    Have fun with the rest of the read-a-thon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also - a YA book that takes place in Hawaii: Return to Me by Justine Chen. I didn't enjoy it, even though I wanted to - but it does have the right setting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though you didn't do as much reading as you would have liked, at least you did some reading, right?
    Great challenge answers. I completely forgot about the summer prince. If I remembered I would have put that on my list also, because I always wanted to go to Brazil.
    Congrats on finding a book for all the items!! I tried, but I couldn't find covers for High Heels, Hand Cuffs, or Christmas Trees on my book self.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete