Image Map

Bout of Books 8.0 Goals & Updates #Boutofbooks

8/18/2013

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.


Time Devoted to Reading

My goal is to read at least 4 hours each day.  That means, 1 hour on the train to work and back, and 3 other hours.  Monday and Tuesday this will be a challenge, but I'm going to try my best.

My Goals

  • To read between 5-6 books
  • To read no less than 100 pages per day
  • Visit a twitter chat
  • Participate in at least 2 challenges
  • Visit at least 2 other participants in the read-a-thon per day, and comment!

Books to Read

 I have SO MANY BOOKS TO READ.  Here are the books I will pick from.  If I can finish at least five of these, I will be totally happy.
Monday Update:
# of pages I read today: 200
Total number of books finished: 0
Total number of pages read: 200

Tuesday Update:
# of pages I read today: 177
Total number of books finished: 1
Total number of pages read: 377

Wednesday Update:
# of pages I read today: 139
Total number of books finished: 1
Total number of pages read: 516

Thursday Update:
# of pages I read today: 243
Total number of books finished: 1
Total number of pages read: 759

Friday Update:
# of pages I read today: 105
Total number of books finished: 2
Total number of pages read: 864

Saturday Update:
# of pages I read today: 271
Total number of books finished: 3
Total number of pages read: 1135

Sunday Update:
# of pages I read today: 344
Total number of books finished: 5
Total number of pages read: 1673 (this includes an audiobook, which is hard to account for)

1 comment:

  1. Great goals! I'll be participating as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete