Image Map

Bout of Books 8.0 Tuesday Results & Progress #Boutofbooks

8/21/2013

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.


Time Spend Reading: 3.5 hours?  I am going to try a timer today.

Pages I Read: 177
47 from This Side of Jealousy (The Innocents #2) by
Indelible (The Twixt #1) by
The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2) by


Number of Books I Read:1
This Side of Jealousy (The Innocents #2) by

Blogs I Visited:
Music, Books, and Tea
Synchronized Reading
A Dream Within A Dream
Book Lady's Reviews
Sarah Reads Too Much
Hopelessly Devoted Bibliophile

Twitter Visited:  There was no twitter chat yesterday, but I did visit the @boutofbooks twitter account.

Bout of Books Participation (not reading):
Re-Title It @ Music Plus Books

Other Comments:  I knew I was going to struggle to get all my reading done on Tuesday, but I did surpass my goal.  I would have liked to have read more, but I am happy about what I got to.


Today's participation challenge:

TBR Pile 

Pt. 1 The five books that currently sit at the top of my TBR pile are as follows (not in order):


Pt. 2:  I actually don't know what books I would add to my TBR pile.  My pile is HUGE as it is.  I would probably pre-order some books such as the final Mara Dyer book, the new Bloodlines book, the final Divergent book, the Final Gallagher Girls book, and Just One Year.  They are all on my TBR list, but I don't have them yet. 

Book Spine Poetry Challenge

I am cheating a little here.  I have done this before.  Here is a lovely haiku for you today:

When the Night Whispers
Bright Young Things, See What I See
Lost Girls, Born Wicked


3 comments:

  1. Great poem! For some reason I had such a hard time making mine. But yours is so pretty!
    Congrats on surpassing you goal!
    Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the poem! Great job :)

    Thanks for participating in the challenge and good luck!
    -Jess @ Such A Novel Idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still having Pushing the Limits on my TBR pile - even though if I'm not mistaken, I bought it after it got a load of mentions and rave reviews during Bout of Books this time last year. Three read-a-thons ago! Wow...

    I love your poem too!
    Thanks for entering the giveaway, and good luck!

    Ellie @ Musings of a Bookshop Girl

    ReplyDelete